Whole Roasted New York Strip Roast
We always try to add a little formality to our holiday meals and found a Wagyu Roast from Cross Creek Ranch Premium Meats is the perfect fit. A New York Strip Steak has the perfect balance of fat and muscle, making the steak tender and flavorful, and an even better roast. This simple recipe calls for few ingredients, allowing the meat to do what it does best, satisfy!
10 -12 Servings (6 Pound Roast)
13-15 Servings (8 Pound Roast)
Prep - 15 Minutes
Cook - 60 Minutes
6-pound Cross Creek Ranch Premium Meats American Wagyu New York Strip Roast
1½ Tablespoons ground black pepper
1½ Teaspoons ground allspice
2 Tablespoons kosher salt
4 Cloves garlic, grated
2 Bunches of fresh rosemary
- Combine black pepper, allspice, and kosher salt, and mix well. Sprinkle mixture evenly over the roast, then rub the grated garlic evenly.
- Line a roasting pan with the rosemary and set the roast on top. Leave to absorb seasonings for at least an hour, or cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- Roast the beef, uncovered, for about 1 hour. Check the temperature after 45 minutes. When the roast reaches 125 degrees (medium-rare), remove the roast, tent it with foil, and let it rest for 15 minutes, heat from the roast will continue cooking as it rests.
- If your roast is frozen give it the appropriate amount of time to thaw. We recommend refrigerating for 24-48 hours
- Let roast sit and reduce down to room temperature prior to seasoning
The list below describes the temperature which the roast should be taken out of the oven. The roast will continue to cook and usually increase by 5 degrees while resting.
120°F - 130°F Rare
125°F - 140°F Medium Rare (recommended)
135°F - 150°F Medium
145°F - 160°F Medium Well
155°F - 170°F Well Done (Not Recommended)