WAGYU BEEF SMASH BURGERS
Hot, fast, thin, griddle, pressure, and simplicity. Those are the elements of making a successful SMASH BURGER. Start with our Cross Creek Ranch Premium Meats 4 ounces Full Blood Wagyu Smash Burgers, along with this simple seasoning that transforms that soft, buttery, ground Wagyu into the perfectly seasoned crusty patty. We know burgers are a very personal experience, please, take this as a launch pad and share with us your best burger creations. Enjoy!
Yield: 4 Servings
Prep – 15 Minutes
Cook – 15 Minutes
For the Rub
- Add all rub ingredients together and mix thoroughly. Sprinkle the rub onto the Smash Burger Balls and let rest.
- Heat flat iron or use a large cast-iron pan, when the cooking surface is evenly heated, add olive oil and allow to heat up, then add butter.
- After butter has melted, add your bacon.
- Once the fat in the bacon has started to render, add onions.
- Caramelize bacon and onions to your preference, evenly distribute them on your flat iron or pan.
- Place the Smash Burger Balls onto the onion and bacon, use a heavy spatula or burger press and smash the beef into the onions and bacon. Try to aim for about a 1/4 inch thickness. You can see an example of how to do this here.
- Once the meat has cooked (crispy and caramelized) flip and repeat on the other side.
- Once the bottom is crispy and caramelized, remove from the flat iron and serve with your favorite condiments.
- A Smash Burger is a very thin well-done hamburger. It is not a thick burger that can be cooked to different temperatures.
- If you prefer a kind of cheese on your burger, add after you flip the burger and allow to melt onto the meat.
- If you prefer a heated or grilled bun, heat it on the griddle using the additional juices.