Ranch Chili with Ground Wagyu
Chili is a mainstay at the Ranch, especially in Fall and Winter. We make Chili Con Carne with brisket or short ribs, Chili Colorado, Texas Chili, and this favorite Ranch Chili. Our Ranch Chili packed with Ground Wagyu, pinto beans, hatch chilis and tomatoes canned straight from the garden. We use local ingredients whenever we can to work with not against the natural Wagyu flavors. Ranch Chili begins with dry pinto beans that are cooked low and slow adding the Ground Wagyu at the end of the cooking to retain that perfect savor.
Yield: 12 Servings
Prep – 20 Minutes
Cook – 4 Hours
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- Sauté onion, red bell pepper, garlic, and Hatch chilis in olive oil until the onion is translucent.
- In a large Dutch oven place the pinto beans, salt, pepper, and sautéed vegetables. Add beef bone broth until the beans are covered by 1 inch of liquid. Cover and bake for 90 minutes (peek at the beans every 30 minutes to make sure the beans are not drying out.) Check the doneness and cook for another 15-20 minutes if needed. If you notice the beans begin to dry out, add more broth/stock or water in 1/2 cup increments.
- Pull beans out of the oven, lower heat to 250 degrees. Add canned tomatoes, salsa, chili powder, ground cumin, oregano, and tomato paste. Mix ingredients well and then lay three ancho chilies on top of the beans, do not stir, just lay them on top of the beans. Return to the oven and cook for 30 minutes in the 250° oven.
- Brown the ground Wagyu seasoning lightly with salt and pepper.
- Once the beans have cooked for 30 minutes take them out of the oven, remove the three-ancho chilis.
- Mix the ground wagyu into the beans and then stir in the Masa Harina. Make sure all ingredients are mixed well, then place back in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 15 minutes allowing all flavors to meld, then serve with your favorite toppings.
Serve with toppings like diced chilis, diced onions, olives, pickled jalapeño, shredded cheese, sour cream, Fritos, and salsa or serve over our Brisket Tamale with lots of cheese.