Sunday dinner growing up was always pot roast and vegetables, a one pot wonder of a meal. Using our American Wagyu English Roast, this meal is transformed from the fatty cheap cuts of chuck and mushy vegetables into an elevated way to serve your meat and potatoes meal for Supper. By preparing crispy Hasselback potatoes and peppered maple carrots on a separate baking sheet rather than a hot tub of braising juices there is no MUSH!! Cooking the Wagyu with aromatics like Thyme, Rosemary and Garlic infuses dinner with a herby yet undeniable BEEFY flavor that satiates and brings memories of sharing dinner round the table. We stand by, switching out a cheap cut of meat with premium meats will reward you with a Sunday Supper Cross Creek style. And that is just good eating.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Time: Prep - 20 minutes
Cook: 2.5 Hours
1 3-5 Pound Cross Creek Ranch Premium Meats American Wagyu English Roast
1 Sweet onion, thinly sliced
5 Cloves of garlic, smashed
½ Cup soy sauce
Thyme and Rosemary Sprigs fresh
Salt and pepper to taste
1 Cup red wine
1 Cup beef bone broth
1 Cup sliced mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line bottom of Dutch Oven with thinly sliced onions, garlic, and one sprig of each; Rosemary and Thyme
- Salt and pepper English Roast and place on top of onion / garlic mixture in Dutch Oven
- Add liquid and mushrooms as well as a sprig of Rosemary on top.
- Cover and bake for 2 hours and 10 minutes. Uncover, increase heat to 400 degrees and brown for 20 minutes.
Suggested serving with Hasselback potatoes and roasted carrots with maple and pepper.